Choir Tour

Life at TWU is back into full swing again since reading break has ended. I didn't have much of a chance to do any reading or studying during the break because I was in northern California with TWU's Chamber Choir on a mini-tour to some churches down there. It was an amazing trip! The music was incredible, the homestays blew my socks off, and I loved getting to know the choir people beyond faces and names. I'm so grateful that I was able to go on this tour because it really reminded of how much I love singing!

This is Hannah (a girl who lives in my dorm) and I enjoying some fabulous bag lunches prepared for us by a church in Mommoth, OR. We were so happy that they were made on whole grain bread and that they weren't covered in nasty mayonnaise!

This is a picture in the Redwoods area of California. This beach is right across from the hostel that we stayed at for a night.

This is the hostel....It had a great view of the beach. It was so nice to be able to hang out with the choir members and relax without having to worry about the potential awkwardness of homestay families. :P

This is a lovely shot of Aaron, Hannah, and I after climbing some rocks amongst the rolling waves. My jeans got quite wet and my bare feet were freezing and sore, but my spirit was well. :P Cheesy, I know, but true! It was a beautiful night.


This is the Shasta Dam that we visited while we were staying in Redding, CA. It was pretty neat because I had driven past the Shasta Lake a number of times in my life on my way down to Mexico. The fresh air was also quite appreciated after hours on the bus.


I am quite suprised at the lack of work that I have on my plate right now. It's a good thing because with this torrential rain coming down I don't feel like doing anything. Today is the perfect day for a trip to the Wired Monk (which a did with an "old" (in terms of going way back) friend of mine.

Have a great Sunday!

Comments

Popular Posts