Trees

Nothing too new has happened around here, but I felt the urge to write on here lest I get out of habit.

I had the chance to go to Gatineau Park on the weekend. It was amazing to smell trees for the first time since arriving in Ottawa on September 7. What a beautiful (and massive!) park. I'm excited to go back in a couple of weeks when the leaves have turned a vibrant shade of red. I might bike there with a few people and hike around for a bit.











I bought a little can of cocoa yesterday so that I can make hot chocolate. It's my little treat when I'm craving chocolate/sugar. If the weather in Ottawa follows the same patters as usual, I will be drinking a lot of hot chocolate in the near future! I also bought and froze some fruit so I can make smoothies. Yum! We have an industrial grade blender here at the LLC - it's amazing.

I'm packing to come home for Thanksgiving. It feels a little like "backwards packing". It's nice to have the option of bringing things that I don't need back home (and vice versa, like slippers!). Unfortunately, I don't think I'm going to have any time to see people at home besides family because we're doing a bunch of family stuff and I have a lot of homework that I need to get through. It will definitely be nice to be home for Thanksgiving. It will be like two worlds colliding.

Well, that's all for now. I should head to bed as I have a full day tomorrow of internship, a Jewish Sukkot festival on Parliament Hill, packing for home, and reading for Wednesday's class.
Enjoy your evening!

Nicole

Comments

Andrea said…
you're coming home?!?! aww i wish i could see you! i totally understand you needing to be with your family though. otherwise u would have all of your friends showing up at your doorstep this weekend...mainly me :)hehe i hope u have a wonderful thanksgiving with your family.

Popular Posts