Home! (2)

Greetings!

It is a beautiful, sunny, crisp Fall day here in Ottawa. I'm all settled back into work and classes after my brief sojourn in Surrey. It was great to be home and it's great to be back!

I went to Gatineau again today with some peeps. While the hike was even less intense than last time, the trees were still beautiful and the smell of the forest unmistakable.







You may know that this past year has been a tough year for me spiritually. I have been dealing with pervasive doubt regarding Christianity. I have not completely come through it, though I can confidently say that I'm through the worst of it. I'm taking an apologetics class through TWU while at the LLC - it has been a very timely course to take! The books that I have been assigned to read are extremely helpful in combating the doubt that I've experienced and presenting other view points on the issues that I've dealt with. This is not to say that I "buy" it all, but I appreciate having opinions from "the other side" to put into my mix of things to think about.

Academically, things are starting to speed up around here. Despite deciding that "this semester was going to be different", I definitely could have done more work in the first month here. Ah well. It's hard to break old habits. I'm still working through the ethics of homework vs. fun vs. sleep. Right now, fun and sleep are winning, but homework is racing up behind me as deadlines loom before me!

Speaking of homework...off I go!

Peace.

Comments

Nicole Brouwer said…
I am deffinatly missing the fall leaves here :(

Popular Posts