Costco and other stories...

Costco gets me every time. Seriously. All I needed was yogourt, but I walked out of Costco last night with 10 lbs of potatoes, 5 lbs of carrots, a ridiculous amount of oranges, and eggs. Problem: I only cook dinner once a week. I bought six massive cans of tomato sauce the last time I was at Costco and have used one. Oh dear. This does not bode well.

It turns out I'm moving in the right direction at work with the database I'm working on, which was really nice to hear! The M.P. wasn't in the office last week because the House wasn't sitting, so I was feeling unsure as to whether I had understood what he wants or not. It turns out that it's all good.

Life here is great and busy. Today I was at work at 9, got home at around 5:45-6:00 and started making dinner which was ready at 7:00. I cleaned up after dinner until 7:30 when we had a house meeting until 8:45 after which I cleaned up from dinner more. Then I devoted my time to things other than doing homework until just now when I wrote a bit in my internship journal.

Today I decided I would walk to work in my sneakers because they're way more comfortable than heels for walking 20-25 minutes on cement that has cracks in it. As I was walking to Justice, I noticed that there was yellow tape blocking off the path that I usually take to the entrance. I walked to the side entrance and saw a crowd of people around the door. Following around the building to the front, I noticed the same thing. So here I am, with dressy black pants dragging in the wet, puddle-covered sidewalk,wearing casual, plaid sneakers, styling frizzy hair and natural bright red cheeks from hoofing it to work (because I physically cannot walk slow), and wearing a less-than-classy jacket. And I was stuck in the middle of all sorts of M.P.'s and other people who work in Justice and who were waiting outside because of some strange package or something found in the yard.

We walked over to Confederation (the building next door) to grab a coffee at their cafeteria. Me, still in my ridiculous shoes and too-long pants, juggling my messenger bag, drippy umbrella, travel mug that I had over-filled with tea and my hill pass that I hadn't had a chance to attach to my pants yet, but had to show to security every time we entered a building which meant reorganizing everything that I was carrying so as to ensure that all things requiring uprightness remained upright and all other things remained in a "held" position.

Good thing I'm just the new intern.

Comments

Trish said…
Haha Nicole! Funny stories. I especially like the idea of you wearing heels - not sure if I can picture it!!

Popular Posts