Oops 2. Same day.

Breanne and I with our homemade (bread machine) soft pretzels! Apparently the dough takes two hours plus twenty five minutes for the machine to warm plus 20-25 minutes for them to bake. Oops. :P











My roommates (L-R: Amanda, Bethany, Karis) and I found mammoths on the way home from church on Sunday. Of course we had to climb them!






















Thank goodness for Shoppers Drug Mart. Why? Because they stock maps of Ottawa. Yes. I got lost on my way home from work yesterday. I took a different street than the one I normally take, but forgot that I was on a new street and didn’t bother paying attention to anything. By the time I “woke up” I wasn’t sure if I had gone too far or if I hadn’t gone far enough. I didn't know if I should go west or east or north or south.

I should have realized that I was "lost" when I walked past a Zellers that I had seen during O-week, but had never found again because I never go down its street. I had wanted to go to Zellers, so it’s kinda good that I got lost. I also wanted to get makeup remover at Shoppers, so that was a nice side trip as well. I just calmly walked into Shoppers, picked up some cotton swabs, found their maps, looked the intersection up, and walked home.

I ate a quick dinner consisting of leftover butter chicken from our LLC potluck and then went to a lecture by John Stackhouse of Regent College. I miss my RELS lectures (Religious Studies), that's for sure!

My internship is much the same. I still haven't gotten over the thrill of walking past Parliament every day and knowing that I could walk right in the front doors if I wanted to! The bulk of my internship is still research based. I think I'll get more direction once my MP is back next week.

I hit up the Museum of Civilization today. It was fun! I absolutely love museums. Jeana, Tyler, Becca, and I sang Ukrainian labour songs together until we got kicked out because the Museum was closing. I'll have to go back another Thursday to finish the tour.














Tomorrow, a bunch of us are going to the Orchestra at the National Arts Centre. It should be good! Now onto my ethics paper...

Comments

Unknown said…
Hey Nicole!! Proud of you and your internship :) Hope it continues to go well.
Marie said…
Haha, you are too cute!
Anonymous said…
It's so fantastic reading your blog, Nicole!
I love the pic of you girls on the mammoth! LOL

Popular Posts